For some, the diagnosis of intervertebral disk herniation is a complete sentence. The picture of operating and surgical instruments is immediately drawn in the head. In fact, everything is not so scary.
What is an intervertebral hernia and what are its causes
Lumbar spine hernia, and other localizations, are protrusions from the disc nucleus. They result from partial or complete ruptures of the fibrous outer shell. Hernia, provoked by excessive physical activity, is dangerous risk of restriction of the nerve roots of the spinal cord.
People at risk of developing an intervertebral hernia are:
* have poor heredity.
Herniated vertebrae can be the result of work. Professional weightlifters, loaders, and truck drivers are often affected by this problem. A lack of exercise or sedentary lifestyle may lead to atrophy of the back muscles.
People without bad habits, who play sports and lead a healthy lifestyle, rarely consult a neurologist with such problems.
Lumbar hernia symptoms
Lumbar hernia is manifested by back pain of varying intensity and other symptoms.
1. Numbness of soft tissues on the outer surface of the thigh, shin and big toe with a tingling sensation and tingling.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. Mobility of the vertebrae in lower parts is restricted.
4. Painful shots can be taken even if you are lifting very small weights off the ground in your waist.
5. The patient feels general weakness and gets tired quickly. The groin is the area where sensitivity decreases.
Symptoms of intervertebral hernia of the cervical region
Hernia in the cervical spine manifests itself in the early stages.
1. The patient feels severe pain even with a slight turn, so, as a rule, returns the whole torso.
2. The shoulder is numb, and the pain spreads to the wrist.
3. Trying to squeeze the brush leads to numbness of the fingers.
4. The patient complains about headaches, flies in their eyes, tinnitus and loss of spatial orientation.
The main symptoms may be accompanied by a hypertensive crisis.
It is not necessary to have all the signs at once, and a visual inspection will not give anything. X-rays, MRI and CT are used to diagnose the condition. A CT will clearly show a protrusion in between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Will treating intervertebral hernia without surgery relieve pain and numbness?
A complete exam is required before the doctor can determine if it is possible to treat intervertebral hernia with surgery or if it is better to go to surgery. Surgery is required in advanced cases to relieve pain and restore mobility.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics”, Kiev, for intervertebral hemia treatment without surgery uses the best techniques. Along with drug therapy, the clinic’s specialists prescribe massage and physiotherapy to patients, and make individual complexes of therapeutic gymnastics. This means that each patient’s therapeutic program is unique and will guarantee positive dynamics.
Check out about gryzha poyasnichnogo otdela just go to this popular internet page: look at this now