For some, the diagnosis of intervertebral disk herniation is a complete sentence. Instantly, the picture of surgical and operating instruments is drawn in the head. In fact, everything is not so scary.
What is an intervertebral hysteria? And what are its causes?
Lumbar spine hernia, and other localizations, are protrusions from the disc nucleus. They result from partial or complete ruptures of the fibrous outer shell. Hernia, provoked by excessive physical activity, is dangerous risk of restriction of the nerve roots of the spinal cord.
The following people are at high risk for developing an intervertebral hemia:
* Have poor genetics.
Work can lead to herniated vertebrae. The problem often arises in professional weightlifters, loaders, truck drivers. A lack of exercise or sedentary lifestyle may lead to atrophy of the back muscles.
People with healthy habits and who are active in sports rarely need to see a neurologist for such issues.
Symptoms of lumbar hernia
Lumbar hernia is manifested by back pain of varying intensity and other symptoms.
1. Numbness of soft tissues on the outer surface of the thigh, shin and big toe with a tingling sensation and tingling.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. The mobility of vertebrae in the lower part is limited.
4. Even when lifting small weights from the floor in the waist there are painful shots.
5. The patient feels general weakness and gets tired quickly. The groin is the area where sensitivity decreases.
Intervertebral hernia in the cervical region:
In the beginning stages, hernia can occur in the cervical spine.
1. The patient feels severe pain even with a slight turn, so, as a rule, returns the whole torso.
2. The pain radiates from the wrist to the shoulder, where it is almost completely gone.
3. Numbness occurs when you squeeze the brush.
4. The patient complains of headaches, flies in the eyes, tinnitus, loss of orientation in space.
The main symptoms may be accompanied by a hypertensive crisis.
You don’t have to see all signs at once. A visual inspection won’t give any information. X-rays, MRI and CT are used to diagnose the condition. A CT will clearly show a protrusion in between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Is it possible to treat intervertebral hernia with out surgery?
A complete exam is required before the doctor can determine if it is possible to treat intervertebral hernia with surgery or if it is better to go to surgery. Surgery is required in advanced cases to relieve pain and restore mobility.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics”, Kiev, for intervertebral hemia treatment without surgery uses the best techniques. The clinic’s doctors also prescribe physiotherapy and massage to patients. They also create individual therapeutic gymnastics complexes. In other words, in each case the therapeutic program is developed individually and guarantees positive dynamics.
For more info about gryzha pozvonochnika go to our webpage