The modern non-contact method of brain research is MRI of the Brain. It uses radio waves and a magnetic field to transmit a signal to the computer that allows you to assess the brain’s state. It is important that MRI of brain can be used to assess the health and condition of both soft tissues as well as blood vessels.
When is an MRI scan done?
An MRI of the brain can be used to confirm or detect a variety of diseases. During the MRI examination, the doctor sees a detailed image of the brain on the screen, assesses its condition and can detect pathological diseases.
In some cases, MRI diagnosis is needed to confirm the diagnosis or to refute it.
MRI should be performed if:
– Acute or constant headaches.
– There is a constant or periodic noise in the ears
– There is weakness and numbness at the extremities.
– there is a deterioration of memory;
– fainting occurs periodically;
– the person is disoriented;
– There was a craniocerebral injury.
– you need to find out the cause of seizures.
Contrast-enhanced MRI (MRI) of the brain
Contrast is used to better see the brain. It is introduced into the body. The dye can be used to diagnose tumors and other diseases, as well as their structure and contours.
Contraindications to Use
MRI of the brain can be the most safest, but it is not recommended for everyone.
Also, it is worth quitting MRIs when:
– the presence of cochlear implants;
– Decompensated Heart Failure
– the presence of tattoos created on a metal basis;
– installed crowns or braces.
How is the MRI examination
The preparation is the first step in the examination. It is important to take out all metal objects from the phone and then remove it.
After the patient is placed on the table, and a device is fixed on the head, which will send and receive radio waves. MRI is performed for 30-60 minutes, depending on the department and the presence of contrast in the body.
The doctor receives many layer-by-layer images of the brain, on the basis of which he makes a conclusion and confirms or denies the diagnosis.
Check out about MRT golovnogo mozga visit this useful website: read this